- Smooth, extended frequency response with a slight rise occurring in the high-frequency region
- Ideal for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, piano, horns and under snare
- Low-mass diaphragm improves transient response, increases response bandwidth and reduces handling and mechanical noise transfer
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable hi-pass filter and rugged turned-brass microphone housing
This premium electret condenser microphone is engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and live sound. The AT4041 cardioid studio condenser microphone features a smooth, extended frequency response with a slight rise in the high-frequency region and a transformerless output for very high SPL-handling capability. A unique combination of audio excellence and moderate cost, the AT4041 is a rugged microphone housed in a case of turned brass with black chrome plating for durability and low reflectivity. The element back plate holds a fixed charge and has been aged to provide energy stabilization. The surface of the back plate is precision milled to ensure maximum charge linearity, resulting in a reduction in both frequency response peaks and diaphragm break-up distortion.