- Ideal for close-up vocals, overheads, piano and strings
- Low-mass diaphragm ensures minimum distortion
- Cardioid pattern provides added warmth when used close up
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant—free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
The AT8031 is ideal for close-up interviews, vocals, overheads, piano, and strings. Its cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source. The mic’s proximity effect provides added warmth when used close up. Features include a large protective screen that reduces “popping” and sibilant distortion. It operates on battery or phantom power.